MSc Financial Services Faculty
Dr. George Theocharides is an Associate Professor of Finance at the Cyprus International Institute of Management (CIIM) in Nicosia. He is also the Programme Director of the MSc in Financial Services and Chairman of the Board of Management of The English School, Nicosia. Currently, he is also a member of the Training/HR Committee of the Cyprus Investment Fund Association (CIFA). In the past, he served as a member of the Interim Board of Bank of Cyprus, chairman of the Recapitalisation Committee, and member of the Audit Committee and CISCO Ltd, a non-executive member of the Board of Directors of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), as well as a board member of the Cyprus-Kuwait Business Association.
Dr. Theocharides holds a B. Eng. (Hons) degree in Electrical Engineering and Electronics from University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (U.M.I.S.T.), an M.B.A. degree (in Marketing and Venture Management) from the University of San Diego, as well as a Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Arizona. Before joining CIIM he spent almost four years as an Assistant Professor of Finance at the Graduate School of Business at Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul, Korea. Prior to that, he served as an International Faculty Fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Sloan School of Management between August and December 2006.
Dr. Theocharides research and teaching interests are in the field of fixed-income markets, investments, international finance, and derivatives. He has provided numerous in-house and open seminars in finance-related topics in Cyprus and abroad. He also appears regularly on TV and radio programs and is a frequent contributor to local newspapers, magazines, and internet media outlets on issues related to the local, regional, and world economy.
Visiting International and Local Faculty
- Stelios Markoullis, PhD (Cass Business School), Lecturer in Finance, University of Cyprus
- Michael Sarris, PhD (Wayne State University, USA), Former Finance Minister of the Republic of Cyprus
- Assaf Ata, PhD (McGill University Canada) Associate Professor of Finance, University of Balamand, Lebanon
- Alex Baltusch, MBA (Tel Aviv University Recanati Business School) SVP, Head of Group Credit Risk Management and Basel II – IRB Bank Hapoalim Ltd, Israel
- Jacoby Gady, PhD (York University UK) Full Professor of Finance, I.H. Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Huyghebaert Nancy, PhD (KU Leuven), Full Professor of Corporate Finance
- Kampakis Stylianos, PhD (University College London, UK), Consultant and mentor for various short projects with startups in London
- Kryftis Achilleas, PhD (University of Cambridge, UK), Researcher at hedge fund, IKOS, Cyprus
- Savvides Demetrakis, PhD Candidate (University of Maastricht, NL)
- Ifigenia Georgiou, PhD (University of Cyprus)
Practitioners (Guest Speakers)
- Antonis Hadjichristodoulou, MBA (City University London), Partner, Grantxpert Consulting Ltd
- Demetris Tsingis, MBA (The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania), Partner in Financial Regulation & Advisory, K. Treppides & Co.
- Papanastasiou Constantinos, BSc, M. Phil (University of Cambridge), CFA, Member of the Board of Directors at Natural Gas Public Company (DEFA)
- Proestos Christodoulos, ACCA, Operations Manager at Eurolife Ltd