George Theocharides is an Associate Professor of Finance at CIIM in Nicosia, Cyprus. He is also the Programme Director of the MSc in Financial Services and Certificate in Financial Services. He joined the school in August 2010. Before joining CIIM, he spent almost four years as an Assistant Professor of Finance at the Graduate School of Business at Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul, Korea. Prior to that, he served as an International Faculty Fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Sloan School of Management between August and December 2006.
Dr. Theocharides holds a B. Eng. (Hons) degree in Electrical Engineering and Electronics from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (U.M.I.S.T.), an M.B.A. degree (in Marketing and Venture Management) from the University of San Diego, and a Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Arizona.
Dr. Theocharides’ research and teaching interests are in the field of fixed-income markets, investment, international finance, and derivatives. He has provided numerous in-house and open seminars in finance-related topics in Cyprus and abroad. Recently he served as a member of the Interim Board of the Bank of Cyprus, Chairman of the Recapitalisation Committee, and member of the Audit Committee and CISCO Ltd. Currently, he is a board member of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and a member of the Training/HR Committee of the Cyprus Investment Fund Association (CIFA).
- Paris Cleanthous, PhD (Yale University US)
- Theodore Panayotou, PhD (University of British Columbia US)
- George Theocharides, PhD (Eller College of Management, Tucson, AZ US)
- Olga Kandinskaia, PhD (MGIMO-University, Moscow Russia)
- Anastasia Constantinou, PhD (Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK)
- Ifigenia Georgiou, PhD (University of Cyprus)
- Theodosis Mourouzis, PhD (University College of London)
Visiting International and Local Faculty
- Stelios Markoullis, PhD (Cass Business School), Lecturer in Finance, University of Cyprus
- Michael Sarris, PhD (Wayne State University, USA), Former Finance Minister of the Republic of Cyprus
- Zvika Afik, PhD (Tel Aviv University) Senior Lecturer of Finance at Guilford Glazer Faculty of Business & Management, Ben-Gurion University, Israel
- Assaf Ata, PhD (McGill University Canada) Associate Professor of Finance, University of Balamand, Lebanon
- Alex Baltusch, MBA (Tel Aviv University Recanati Business School) SVP, Head of Group Credit Risk Management and Basel II – IRB Bank Hapoalim Ltd, Israel
- Jacoby Gady, PhD (York University UK) Full Professor of Finance, I.H. Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Huyghebaert Nancy, PhD (KU Leuven), Full Professor of Corporate Finance
- Iatridis George, PhD (University of Manchester, UK), Associate Professor of Accounting & Finance (University of Thessaly, Department of Economics, Greece)
- Janssen Sven, PhD (University of Bath), Lecturer in Real Estate Investment & Finance (MSc), EBS University for Economics and Law, Wiesbaden
- Kampakis Stylianos, PhD (University College London, UK), Consultant and mentor for various short projects with startups in London
- Kryftis Achilleas, PhD (University of Cambridge, UK), Researcher at hedge fund, IKOS, Cyprus
- Savvides Demetrakis, PhD Candidate (University of Maastricht, NL)
Practitioners (Guest Speakers)
- Andreas Yiasemides, ACA (Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales) Director of Fund Services K. Treppides & Co LTD, Cyprus
- Antonis Hadjichristodoulou, MBA (City University London), Partner, Grantxpert Consulting Ltd
- Demetris Tsingis, MBA (The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania), Partner in Financial Regulation & Advisory, K. Treppides & Co.
- Savvakis Savvides, BSc, MA – Research Fellow, International Tax Program
- Sophocleous Sophocles, CFA – Double Major BA Finance and Economics, FatAlpha (Founder, Portfolio Manager)