Dr. Andreas Sousanis is a lecturer at CIIM and holds a BSc and an MSc in Materials Science from the University of Patras (Greece), an MSc in Education, Leadership, and Management from the CIIM (Cyprus), and a Doctor of Philosophy in Experimental Physics from the Ghent University (Belgium). He worked as a research assistant at the Laboratory of High-Tech Materials at the School of Engineering at the University of Patras (Sept 2015 – Dec 2015); as a doctoral researcher (Jan 2016 – Dec 2019) and lab instructor (2016) at Ghent University; as a specialist scientist at the Cyprus Institute (Jul 2020-Sept 2021); and as a special scientist at the University of Cyprus (Sept 2021 – June 2022). He had co-supervised BSc thesis projects at the University of Patras (2014-2015) and supervised MSc thesis projects and an internship project at the Cyprus Institute (2020-201). He participated as the principal investigator/author in two research projects co-funded by the EU and Cyprus titled AMASE (HYDRO, RIF) and TROPHY (EXCELLENCE, RIF), as a hired researcher a research project co-funded by the EU and Cyprus titled Nano2Lab (INFRASTRUCTURE, RIF) and in a research project funded by HORIZON 2020 titled ICARUS.
- Sousanis, G. Biskos, Pd-Based Thin Films for Optical H2 Sensors, https://encyclopedia.pub/17636.
- Sousanis, G. Biskos, Thin Film and Nanostructured Pd-Based Materials for Optical H2 Sensors: A Review, Nanomaterials 2021, 11(11), 3100.
- H. Zhang, M. Stewart, F. De Luca, P.F. Smet, A. Sousanis, D. Poelman, I. Rungger, M. Gee. Young’s modulus of thin SmS films measured by nanoindentation and laser acoustic wave, Surface and Coating Technology, 421, 2021, 127428.
- Sousanis, Philippe F. Smet, Dirk Poelman, SmS/EuS/SmS tri-layer thin films: the role of diffusion on the pressure triggered semiconductor-metal transition, Nanomaterials 2019, 9(11), 1513.
- Stamatelatos, A. Sousanis, A. G. Chronis, M. M. Sigalas, S. Grammatikopoulos, and P. Poulopoulos, Analysis of localized surface plasmon resonances in gold nanoparticles surrounded by copper oxides, Journal of Applied Physics 123, 083103 (2018).
- Sousanis, Philippe F. Smet, Dirk Poelman Samarium Sulfide (SmS): Reviewing on Properties and Applications, Materials 2017, 10, 953.
- P. Poulopoulos, A. Sousanis, K.C. Zotos, N. Papaefstathiou, D. Trachylis, M.J. Velgakis, E.I. Meletis, and C. Politis Competitive reactivity of nitrogen and oxygen with nickel when an argon/air mixture is used as sputtering gas, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. Vol. 17, 1–8, 2017.
- Sousanis, Philippe F. Smet, Christophe Detavernier, Dirk Poelman Stability of switchable SmS for piezoresistive applications, proc. paper of IEEE NMCD conference, Toulouse, 2016.
- Sousanis, Philippe F. Smet and Dirk Poelman, Switching plasmonic resonances via the hysteretic behavior of SmS piezoresistive thin films, proc. paper IEEE nanophotonics symposium (Benelux chapter), Ghent, 2016.
- Sousanis, P. Poulopoulos, V. Karoutsos, D. Trachylis, C. Politis, Giant enhancement of small photoluminescent signals on glass surfaces covered by self-assembled silver nanorings, J. Nanosci.Nanotechnol.17, 1428-1433, 2016.
- GD600 – The Circular Economy & Sustainable Development
- GD700 – Innovations & Business Models for the Circular Economy