Within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, non-academic staff members of the Cyprus International Institute of Management can visit partner European institutions for training, and CIIM can also host visiting staff members at the institution.
Staff mobility and training may take the form of a short specialized training courses, job-shadowing, attendance at workshops or at a Staff Training Week at other universities. The purpose of Outgoing Staff Mobility is the training of the staff, based on their subject field, the transfer of knowledge and good practice, learning from shared experience, the acquiring of new practical skills and implementing those, after their training, to their work at CIIM. As well as benefit the individual’s professional development, Erasmus+ Staff Mobility is intended to contribute to the wider internationalization and modernization strategies of CIIM.
Potential host institutions
- Universities which are within the network of collaborators of CIIM and there is a valid inter-university agreement.
- Universities that organize international staff weeks. (Participation in Staff Weeks does NOT require an inter-university agreement on the Erasmus+, unless this is required by the host University).
- Companies, training centers, research centers or other organizations. (http://www.staffmobility.eu/staff-week-search)
All 28 EU Member States
Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
From 2 days (5 days from and to Partner Countries) to 2 months, excluding travel time.
In all cases, a training activity has to comprise a minimum of 8 hours of teaching per
week (or any shorter period of stay).
Attendance at conferences is not funded under Erasmus+.
The funding provided is based on the distance of mobility of each participant. Travel distances are calculated by the use of the EU’s distance calculator tool: Click here to view it
The daily grant amount of the Erasmus+ for each eligible working day is determined based on the host country.
Submission of Applications
The CIIM Erasmus Office announces the available number of staff exchanges and informs the University’s administrative and academic staff on the procedures and deadlines for submitting their applications for participation in the Erasmus+ Programme.
- Decide the type of training activity they wish to conduct abroad and prepare their indicative training programme (work plan).
- Come in contact with the university / organization that wish to conduct their training and ensure a written consent, from the host institution, of the planned mobility and the proposed training programme.
- Fill in the Mobility for Training Agreement, describing the proposed work plan and submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
The evaluation of applications and the selection of beneficiaries is done by the CIIM Erasmus Selection Committee, based on the following criteria:
- Benefits arising from the proposed training in relation to:
- The needs and strategy of the University (internationalization and networking with foreign institutions and organizations, are adding value to CIIM for conducting trainings)
- The needs of the administrative department regarding its staff (additional expertise / skills and additional knowledge)
- The needs of the relevant research programme, when the training concerns CIIM researchers.
- Relevant documentation of the present or future duties / responsibilities of the candidates
- Knowledge of the spoken language of the host institution.
- The candidate did not undertake any mobility actions in the past with European Mobility Programmes.