MSc in Green & Digital Management (GDM) Programme Overview
The MSc in Green & Digital Management has been created in response to the challenges presented to modern organizations and the new generation of managers by two powerful global trends: green transition and digitalization. New challenges demand new managerial competencies.
To combat climate change and environmental degradation, organizations need new, resource-efficient growth strategies aligned with sustainability principles. More and more companies globally are joining what has been termed as ‘decarbonizing megatrend.’ Policymakers in EU have set the goal to become the first climate-neutral continent by 2050 – having adopted a comprehensive action plan for a just and inclusive transition to green economy. Read more on ‘European Green Deal’ at https://ec.europa.eu/info/strategy/priorities-2019-2024/european-green-deal_en.
Digitalization is the use of digital technologies to change a business model and generate new revenue streams and value-creating opportunities. To recover from disruptions of traditional business models or to anticipate such disruptions, successful companies undergo a digital transformation. It is the process of moving to a digital business, leveraging digital information technology to entirely transform a business’ processes — evaluating and reimagining the way we do business. New technologies, digitalization of everything, and green economy approach change the business environment perspective and strategy. If a business wants to remain competitive on the market, delivering green products and services at the same time, they must change their management approach.
Significant barriers in digital and green implementation are the lack of knowledge and understanding of these processes, wrong organizational design, and short-sighted leadership. This is where we see the necessity of introducing such a master program by taking into consideration these new dynamics that prevail in the global economy.
Our graduates will be equipped to move into digital management careers where they are able to bridge the gap between business people and technology people – pushing forward innovative practices that organisations need to employ to respond to current challenges, in particular environmental and sustainability challenges.
Target Audience & Program Objectives
The Programme is aimed at aspiring professionals who are university graduates from various educational backgrounds and who want to develop a thorough understanding of digitalization and green transition, two powerful trends driving the current organizational transformation, and to use these interlinked trends to launch or advance their managerial or entrepreneurial careers in a rapidly changing and competitive marketplace. We emphasize that these two megatrends are intertwined: there is a proven relationship between organizational culture, sustainability, and digitalization.
The Programme’s objectives are:
It will equip the aspiring managers/entrepreneurs with solid knowledge of management theory and managerial practical tools and develop their ability to apply the acquired knowledge and skills to the solution of real-world management problems.
Programme Learning Outcomes
The learning outcomes of the programme encompass analytical tools, green transition concepts, digital transformation principles, as well as the practical management skills required from managers and entrepreneurs to launch/advance their careers and bring positive change to the society:
- Develop skills and attitudes of a professional manager focusing on creative and positive solutions, entrepreneurial initiatives, and continuous learning
- Integrate theory and practical application to drive digital transformation of businesses and non-profit organizations with emphasis on eco-innovation
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to the green transition process through green management leadership, business innovation, and green entrepreneurship, for the benefit of the organisation, its stakeholders, and society at large
- Implement corporate social responsibility and follow sustainability principles
- Apply economic principles and financial analysis tools to contribute to the value creation process at the workplace
- Develop strong analytical and research skills and use them to make competent managerial decisions in the volatile economic environment
- Use data and quantitative techniques along with a critical approach in solving real-world management problems
- Effectively employ different marketing activities focusing on the customer-centric and data-driven marketing
“The aim of the Master in Green & Digital Management is to develop in our students the ability to see value-creating opportunities in driving digital transformation and facilitating green transition of business entities and non-profit organizations, and to use those opportunities to start or advance their career while bringing a positive change to the society”
Director of Master in Green & Digital Management