CIIM – Cyprus International Institute of Management is proud to announce that our full-time resident faculty Dr Olga Kandinskaia has been elected to the Board of NACRA, the leading international case research association. Dr Kandinskaia’s 4-year term on the Board is on the voluntary unpaid basis and will begin from October this year. This appointment is a prestigious opportunity to participate in shaping the policies and setting growth directions for the top global academic community of business case researchers and case writers.
The North American Case Research Association (NACRA) https://www.nacra.net/ is a non-profit, voluntary professional association whose mission is to promote excellence in case research, writing, and teaching in business and other academic disciplines. NACRA seeks to accomplish its mission through the following activities:
- Organizing and sponsoring an annual meeting for the presentation and improvement of new, peer-reviewed cases and papers on issues related to case pedagogy;
- Publishing a quarterly peer-reviewed journal, the Case Research Journal, the premier international peer-reviewed journal for outstanding teaching cases grounded in research;
- Promoting the worldwide distribution and use of NACRA cases in multiple media throughout the world, including Harvard Business Publishing;
- Providing professional development seminars and activities aimed at enhancing skills in case research, writing, and teaching;
- Working to enhance the legitimacy and status of case research and pedagogy within academic institutions and professional associations; and
- Supporting the work of NACRA-affiliated regional organizations and collaborating with other professional organizations having complementary objectives.
Dr Olga Kandinskaia is Associate Professor of Finance and MSc Business Management Director at CIIM. Olga has 25+ years of teaching experience in Cyprus, UK, Portugal, and Russia. She is a passionate advocate of innovative teaching methods in business education, such as experiential learning, case method, and blended learning. Dr Olga Kandinskaia is a pioneer at the CIIM business school and overall in Cyprus for writing teaching cases. She has published 9 cases in international peer-reviewed scientific journals. Three of her cases won prestigious international awards: ‘Best Case Gold Award’ at NACRA’s 2019 conference in Arizona, USA, ‘Best Case in Accounting, Finance and Economics – Jonathan Welch Award’ at NACRA’s 2018 conference in Florida, USA, and ‘Outstanding New Case Writer Award’ in the Annual Competition by The Case Centre (2017). Since 2013, Olga has presented cases and papers at 17 international peer-reviewed conferences. She is a member of four international academic case research associations and is on eight editorial boards as reviewer for academic journals and conferences. From 2020, Olga acts as the Chair of the Accounting, Finance and Economics Track of the Annual Meeting of NACRA.
This new appointment to the NACRA Board in the role of VP Programmes-elect 2021-22 is an important global recognition for Dr Olga Kandinskaia as a case researcher and for CIIM as an international business school.