Master of Public Sector Management Programme Overview
All over the world, governments and public institutions are challenged to provide high-quality services, respond swiftly to citizen needs and resolve problems effectively and efficiently. CIIM MPSM uniquely prepares individuals who seek to become public sector managers in this volatile, complex and uncertain international environment.
Embodying 27 years’ experience, CIIM’S MPSM is the practical, can-do management qualification for the public sector. Our MPSM aims for graduates to apply their existing skills and creativity while developing key management abilities to inspire change and innovation in their sphere of influence. Our programme is accredited internationally by EFMD/EPAS and nationally by DI.PA.E/KYSATS.
Is the programme suitable for me?
Public Sector officials
Public Sector officials of diverse educational backgrounds who wish to focus on a future career in public sector management.
Professionals committed to civil service seeking to develop universally recognised skills of highly effective management.
Managers of high potential who require the additional capabilities provided by an MPSM to undertake increased responsibility within their public sector organisations.
Individuals who aspire to public sector positions.
CIIM MPSM will help your career in central, regional and local government, semi-governmental organisations including public, private or semi-private utilities, regulatory bodies, international financial institutions, international development and aid organisations, consultancy firms with a focus on the public sector and public sector trade unions
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Communicate using a variety of advanced communication skills essential in contemporary civil service.
- Recognize the legal and ethical responsibilities as professional public servants and members of society.
- Collect, analyse and interpret empirical data and academic research using appropriate qualitative and quantitative methods to aid them in the decision making process.
- Analyse in depth the impact of political, socioeconomic, technological and environmental trends, in a global context.
- Employ cutting-edge techniques of management and strategy necessary for a governmental organization to operate in a complex, uncertain, and volatile environment.
- Integrate theory and practical application to find solutions to public policy problems and create partnerships using opportunities domestically and internationally, using well-developed analytical tools, interdisciplinary skills, and innovative practices.
- Use advanced public finance tools and technology in the policy-making process that ensure fiscal discipline, transparency and efficiency of governmental organizations.
- Identify appropriate leadership and teamwork actions for enhancing individual, group, and organizational effectiveness.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage effectively organizational issues that arise in culturally diverse and individually differentiated settings.
- Restructure personal, professional and career development through life-long learning.