English has become the business sector’s leading language. As you are aware, it is used in more than 80% of the world’s business, trade and financial transactions. However, a good number of employees in Cyprus do not feel comfortable using English in their work-environment despite having studied the language at school. This limits productivity and effectiveness and results in many missed opportunities for both employees and employers.
With this in mind, the CIIM Professional English programme was designed to enable people to master the English language with confidence, and to utilise it effectively in their work.
The Programme takes place in Nicosia, and consists of a total of 100 teaching hours made up of 33, three-hour classes. A convenient evening schedule makes it possible for employees to attend without any disruption from their work. The upcoming programme will commence on 23 September 2019 and it will be taught twice a week. Courses are expected to finish by the end of January 2020 (exact dates will depend on days missed during public holidays).
Results of the 100-hour course are expected to be:
- Learning the meaning of new words and how to correctly use them in context.
- Gaining understanding of spoken discourse commonly used in a professional context, both by native and non-native English speakers.
- Engaging in dynamic conversation drawing on a range of contemporary issues.
- Learning to communicate effectively in various formal and informal contexts including one-to-one contacts (for example, telephone calls) and group encounters (for example, presentations).
- Listening to, viewing and reading English in various contexts and practicing paraphrasing or summarizing the messages conveyed.
- Ability to review sentence grammar and compose paragraphs and document that will enable more effective communication.
- Understanding of written discourse commonly used in a professional context, both by native and non-native English speakers.
The fees are only €900 and include all reading materials. Payments are made in 4 installments, payable as follows:
• Registration Fee (non-refundable) of €100 with application
• First instalment of €200 by 26/9/2019
• Second Instalment of €300 by 1/11/2019
• Final Instalment of €300 by 19/12/2019.
If full payment is made in advance, then a 10% discount applies.
Class size is limited to maximize the personal attention each individual student receives from the tutor.
Imagine the prospects you will have, by being able to use English with confidence after 33 classes!