MSc Financial Services Faculty
Dr. George Theocharides is an Associate Professor of Finance at the Cyprus International Institute of Management (CIIM) in Nicosia. He is also the Programme Director of the MSc in Financial Services and Chairman of the Board of Management of The English School, Nicosia. Currently, he is also a member of the Training/HR Committee of the Cyprus Investment Fund Association (CIFA). In the past, he served as a member of the Interim Board of Bank of Cyprus, chairman of the Recapitalisation Committee, and member of the Audit Committee and CISCO Ltd, a non-executive member of the Board of Directors of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), as well as a board member of the Cyprus-Kuwait Business Association.
Dr. Theocharides holds a B. Eng. (Hons) degree in Electrical Engineering and Electronics from University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (U.M.I.S.T.), an M.B.A. degree (in Marketing and Venture Management) from the University of San Diego, as well as a Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Arizona. Before joining CIIM he spent almost four years as an Assistant Professor of Finance at the Graduate School of Business at Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul, Korea. Prior to that, he served as an International Faculty Fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Sloan School of Management between August and December 2006.
Dr. Theocharides research and teaching interests are in the field of fixed-income markets, investments, international finance, and derivatives. He has provided numerous in-house and open seminars in finance-related topics in Cyprus and abroad. He also appears regularly on TV and radio programs and is a frequent contributor to local newspapers, magazines, and internet media outlets on issues related to the local, regional, and world economy.
- Paris Cleanthous, PhD (Yale University US), Associate Professor of Marketing and Strategy, Director of Master in Business Administration (MBA) Programme & Director of Master in Master in Public Sector (MPSM) Programme
- Theodore Panayotou, PhD (University of British Columbia US), Professor of Economics and Ethics & Director of CIIM
- George Theocharides, PhD (Eller College of Management, Tucson, AZ US), Assistant Professor of Finance & Director of MSc Financial Services Programme
- Olga Kandinskaia, PhD (MGIMO-University, Moscow Russia), Assistant Professor of Finance & Director of MSc Business Management Programme
- Theodosis Mourouzis, PhD (University College of London), Lecturer in Information Management & Director of MSc Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Programme
Visiting International and Local Faculty
- Stelios Markoullis, PhD (Cass Business School), Special Teaching Staff University of Cyprus and Cyprus Open University; Honorary Visiting Research Fellow, Cass Business School, London; 17 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Andreas Assiotis, PhD (Southern Illinois, University USA) Head of Economic Analysis and Research, Hellenic Bank
- Assaf Ata, PhD (McGill University Canada) Associate Professor of Finance, University of Balamand, Lebanon
- Alex Baltusch, MBA (Tel Aviv University Recanati Business School) SVP, Head of Group Credit Risk Management and Basel II – IRB Bank Hapoalim Ltd, Israel
- Jacoby Gady, PhD (York University UK) Full Professor of Finance, I.H. Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Kampakis Stylianos, PhD (University College London, UK), Consultant and mentor for various short projects with startups in London
- Kryftis Achilleas, PhD (University of Cambridge), Quantitative researcher at hedge fund
- Savvides Demetrakis, PhD Candidate (University of Maastricht, NL), Legal Consultant
- Sven Janssen, Phd (University of Bath, UK) Group Managing Director, Scope Analysis GmbH
- Ellie Menassa, PhD Business Administration (Leicester Business School, De Montfort University, Leicester, United Kingdom), Full Professor of Accounting and Strategy – Faculty of Business and Management, University of Balamand, Lebanon.
- Maria Siopacha, PhD Financial Mathematics (The University of Warwick, Mathematics Institute, Warwick Business School, Department of Statistics & Department of Economics), Director – Local Supervisor in Risk Methodology in Krakow and Director – Head Model for Confirmation & Governance
- Ioannis Kyriakou, PhD Finance (Cass Business School, City, University of London), Senior Lecturer in Actuarial Finance, Faculty of Actuarial Science & Insurance, Cass Business School, City, University of London and Visiting Professor, Dipartimento di Studi per l’Economia e l’Impresa, Università del Piemonte Orientale
- Maria Psillaki, PhD Economics (University of Nice Sophia Antipolis), Professor, Department of Economics, University of Piraeus