- MB630 – International Business
James (Jim) Leontiades is currently Academic Dean at the Cyprus Institute for International Management.
Dr. Leontiades received a B.A. and M.A. Degree from Indiana University. He studied for his doctorate at Columbia University and the London School of Economics, receiving his Ph.D. from the latter.
His Business experience includes several years in the Planning Department of General Motors Overseas Operations working as part of a team planning that company’s international expansion. Prior to that, he held positions with consulting firms in London and New York.
He subsequently joined the faculty of the Wharton School of Finance as Assistant Professor of International Business. He left Wharton to join the faculty of the Manchester Business School, eventually serving at that institution as MBA Director. He was also a Professor and faculty member of the European Institute for Advanced studies in Management.
He has taught on numerous executive programmes at the Manchester Business School as well as other institutions in Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Spain and Greece. He is also the founding president of the European International Business Academy (the leading European academic association for international business research).
His books and articles are primarily concerned with International Management And Multinational companies.
- Managing the Global Enterprise: Competing in the Information Age (Financial Times/Prentice Hall) 2001.
- Multinational Corporate Strategy: Planning for World Markets (Lexington Books) 1985.
- European Research in International Business, ed. with M. Ghertman (North-Holland Publishing Co.) 1978.
- Selling Machinery in China: Chinese Perceptions of Strategies and Relationships (with N. Campbell and N. McGuiness) The Journal Of International Business Studies, Vol. 2, No. 2. Second quarter 1991.
- Global Location Strategy, Journal of Global Marketing, Vol. 1 (4) 1988.
- Market Share and Corporate Strategy in International Industries, Journal of Business Strategy, Summer 1984.
- Asian Induatrialization and Western Companies, Manchester Business School Review, Spring, 1981.
- International Expansion Strategy, Corporate Strategy and Planning (ed. B. Taylor and J. Sparkes, Heinmann Ltd) 1977
- Going Global – Global Strategies vs National Strategies, Long Range Planning, vol. 19. 1986
- (with Igor Ansoff) Strategic Portfolio Management, Journal of General Management, Autumn 1976.
- Plant Location – The International Perspective, Corporate Planning and Procurement (Taylor and Farmer eds) 1975.
- The Uprooted European Manager in America, European Business, N0.36 Winter 1973, pp 62-66.
- Planning Strategy for World Markets, Long Range Planning, Dec. 1970.
- International Sourcing in the LDC’s, Columbia Journal Of World Business, Vol. 6, November/December 1971, pp 19-26.
- Planning Strategy for World Markets, Long Range Planning, Vol.3, No 2, 1970, pp. 40-45.
- The European Challenge – A Response, The Columbia Journal of World Business Vol.5, July/August 1970
- Transaltlantic Split Over Business Bigness, MSU Business Topics, Summer 1970,pp 21-27.
- Planning for the New Common Market, Worldwide P & I Planning, Vol. 4, July/August 1970, pp.53-62.
- Is A Common Market A Single Market? Columbia Journal of World Business, Vol.2, August 1967, pp 23-29.
- (with Gina Pingitore) “The Spillover Effect of Foreign Competition on Product Quality”, Submitted to Multinational Business Review, December 2011.