i3 – Education for ideas, inventions and innovations for entrepreneurship
The Balkan – Mediterranean area suffers from market fragmentation, high unemployment and limited labor force skills, actions are needed to foster the entrepreneurship potential by encouraging new business models, especially the ones promoting innovation and supporting internationalisation. The project intends to tackle the identified weaknesses by introducing a model of entrepreneurial learning & knowledge transfer targeted at young people and bringing their needs with the market demand in order to sustain development and growth.
The overall objective of the project us to promote territorial development, cooperation and support the competitiveness of the Balkan-Mediterranean area by developing, establishing and promoting entrepreneurial learning and knowledge transfer model (Ideas, Inventions, Innovation – i3) for educating students and entrepreneurs.
The expected results from the project include:
- Established cooperation and coordination between partners and stakeholders in the project – training and education institutions and business;
- Established i3 entrepreneurship model – Ideas, Inventions, Innovations with strategy for implementation and core modular curriculum;
- Strengthening economic and business relations between communities, stimulate economic development, job creation and competitiveness of SMEs;
- Promoting sustainable development at national and trans-national level by increasing balanced, efficient and sustainable use of resources and tackling the most immediate problems in a cost-effective manner.
The i3 model to be developed as a result of the project is an innovative tool & recognizable brand to promote creative, innovative & targeted entrepreneurial learning among graduating students & young entrepreneurs. The project can be implemented only as a transnational initative since the flexible nature of the model ensures, first its testing on a larger transnational level and consequently – introducing it to on a larger scale to focus efforts on resolving common regional and country or local problems – in this case by stimulating innovative entrepreneurship among youths.
The added value of the i3 model compared to other entrepreneurship training schemes is the flexibility with focus on specific strategic areas which require innovative approach. It will stimulate creative and entrepreneurial thinking and thus, utilize all business opportunities in the corresponding field.
Project co-funded by the European Union and national funds of the participating countries
Financing programme: (Interreg V –B) Balkan-Mediterranean 2014-2020
Priority Axis: PA1. Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Period: 01 August 2017 to 31 July 2019 (24 months)
Total budget: 904.835,50 EURO
Partnership: 6 project partners (from 5 countries)
- Bulgaria Economic Forum, Bulgaria (Lead partner)
- Albania Center for Sustainable Development, Albania
- Association “Committee Italy-Bulgaria 2013”, Bulgaria
- Center for Knowledge Management, FYROM
- Cyprus International Institute of Management, Cyprus
- Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece, Greece
Tel.: (+357) 22 462 223
Latest News & Events
» Second Project Partner Meeting 01.03.2018
» Press Conference – Launching Event 25.01.2018
» Invitation Press Conference 25.01.2018
» Call for applications 03.09.2018