Dr. Snezana Eminidou
Dr. Snezana Eminidou is the Programme Director of BSc in Economics and Assistant Professor of Economics and Econometrics. She was awarded a PhD degree in Economics at the University of Cyprus (2019), a Master in Economic Analysis and a Bachelor in International and European and Economic studies, also from University of Cyprus. During her studies, she received several scholarships and her first published paper has been recognized as one of the most read in 2018-2019. Her research interests lie in the field of macroeconomics and monetary economics. Particularly, she is studying the impact of monetary and other types of macroeconomic shocks on economic agents’ expectations. She has an experience in working in International Business Unit, National Bank of Greece and in the Department of Economic Analysis and Research at the Central Bank of Cyprus.
Since 2012, Snezana has been working as a teaching assistant at the University of Cyprus for the course “Principles of Macroeconomics”, “Macroeconomic Theory”, “Econometrics”, and she has been advising undergraduate students with their theses by applying statistical methods and usage of software packages such as Stata, Eviews and Matlab. After completing her PhD, she has delivered lectures to undergraduate students such as “Introduction to Economics” and MBA courses to postgraduate students.
Before joining the University of Limassol, Dr. Snezana Eminidou held academic positions such as Special Teaching Scientist in the Department of Economics and post-doctoral Researcher in the Department of Accounting and Finance at the University of Cyprus. Also, she has been post-doctoral researcher at the University of Innsbruck.
- Dr. Andreas Artemiou, Professor, PhD in Statistics, Pennsylvania State University, 2010
- Dr. Andrey Afanasiev, Associate Professor, PhD Finance, Institute of Economics RAS, Ph.D. Mathematics Steklov Mathematical Institute, 1993
- Dr. Christodoulos Efstathiades, Assistant Professor, PhD in Computer Science, Databases – Data Science Data Management and Analytics, National Technical University of Athens, 2016
- Dr. Doron Sonsino, Professor, PhD in Business Economics, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University, 1995
- Dr. Olga Kandinskaia, Associate Professor, PhD Economics, MGIMO Moscow University, 1995
- Dr. Paris Cleanthous, Associate Professor, PhD Economics, Yale University, 2003
- Dr. Snezana Eminidou, Assistant Professor, PhD Economics, University of Cyprus, 2019
- Dr. Theodore Panayotou, Professor, PhD Economics, University of British Columbia, 1978
- Dr. Theodosis Mourouzis, Associate Professor, PhD Information Security, UCL, University of London, 2014
- Dr. Yiannis Filippopoulos, Associate Professor, PhD Computer & Networks Engineering University of Thessaly, 2012
- Dr. Andreas Assiotis, Lecturer, PhD in Economics, (Southern Illinois University, 2011
- Dr. Marios Clerides, Lecturer, PhD, London School of Economics, 1982
- Dr. Michael Christophi, Lecturer, PhD in Computer Science, Kings College, 2014
- Mr. Panayiotis Jacovides, Lecturer, MSc. in International Management at KEDGE Business School – Marseille, 2011, Professor, PhD Law, University of Manchester, 1989