The BSc in Computing and Business Technologies (BSc CBT) is a modern degree that equips students with the necessary skills to compete and excel in the digital era. It provides a solid foundation in Computer Science including Data Science, Big Data, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Blockchain, Cloud Computing and Cybersecurity, as well as applications to business such as Business Analytics, Digital Transformation, Fin-Tech and Project Management.
A set of electives from other Schools of the University, or the choice of a cutting edge research project complements the student’s knowledge and provides the skills for immediate employment to the industry or to continue their studies in the postgraduate level.
The department’s international faculty is engaged in cutting edge research in Computer Science, Management and Economics and has strong ties with the industry, giving the chance to the students to undertake real-world research projects and applications to business. All courses are designed with strong practical and hands-on components from day one, making the degree unique, in the sense that it blends its strong Computer Science core with real-world applications in the business.
With the completion of the BSc in CBT, students are expected to:
- Understand the basics underlying the modern theory of computing.
- Acquire practical skills related to tools employed in modern IT infrastructures.
- Be able to convert real-world problems and solutions into the language of computing.
- Be proficient in programming languages.
- Apply computing theories and techniques to enhance data-driven decision-making.
- Work in groups to solve complex IT and business-related problems.
- Demonstrate understanding of information security concepts, challenges, including ethical dilemmas associated and techniques to mitigate them.
- Acquire analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to carry out independent research.