Dr Theodore Panayotou has been the Director of CIIM since 2000.
Dr Panayotou, or Theo, at his insistence is on extended sabbatical from Harvard University where he served as Director of the Environment and Sustainable Development Programme at the Centre for International Development (CID), teaching Environmental Economics.
Dr Panayotou has published over 100 papers, monographs and books on environmental economics, policy and management and is considered a world authority on economic instruments and financing mechanisms for sustainable development.
Prior to taking up his post at Harvard, Dr Panayotou held positions at several universities throughout Southeast Asia. He has also served as an advisor to government industries in China, Indonesia, Thailand, Russia and the United States, as well as countries in Eastern Europe, Central America and the Mediterranean. Dr Panayotou has been consulted by many international organisations, including the World Bank, UNDP, UNEP and FAO.
Dr Panayotou has a BA from the University of Athens, an MA from York University and a PhD from the University of British Columbia.
- Director of CIIM (2000 till present)
- John Sawhill Lecturer in Environmental Policy John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Professor Ethics in Business & Government and Corporate Environmental Management CIIM
- Harvard University
- Associate and Country Representative (Thailand) of the Agricultural Development Council and Winrock International(1982-1985)
- Visiting Profes¬sor of Economics, Kasetsart and Thammasat Universities, Bangkok, Thailand (1978-1985)
- Program Specialist with the Agricultural Development Council, New York (1981-1982)
- Rockefeller Foundation Special Staff for Policy Analysis (1980)
- Economic Consultant, Criterion Analysis, Dallas, Texas (1974)
- Economist, Ministry of Finance, Cyprus (1972)
MB505 Corporate Environmental Management
MB410 Ethics in Business &Government
MP510 Non-Market Valuation Methods
MP505 Cost-Benefit Analysis
HR485 Ethics & Social Responsibility
ED475 Ethics in Educational Leadership
MA430 Professional & Career Development
MA780 Managerial Economics
ED475 Ηθική & Εκπαιδευτική Ηγεσία
ED490 Καινοτομία και Επιχειρηματικότητα στην Εκπαίδευση