English for Professionals
English has become the business sector’s dominant language. As you are aware, it is used in more than 80% of the world’s business, trade and financial transactions. However, a good number of employees in Cyprus do not feel comfortable speaking English in their work environment despite having studied the language at school. This limits their productivity and effectiveness and results in many missed opportunities for both them and their organizations. To enable people to speak English with confidence and to use it effectively in their work, CIIM, the leading business school in Cyprus, has carefully designed a two-level programme in English:
- Foundation English
- Intermediate English
Both course levels take place in Nicosia, and each level consists of a total of 100 teaching hours made up of 33, three-hour classes. A convenient evening/weekend schedule makes it possible for employees to attend without any disruption to their work. The next set of English courses will start 31 January 2017. Each level will be taught twice a week. Courses are expected to finish by mid – June 2017 (exact date will depend on days missed during public holidays).
Results of the 100-hour course are expected to be:
- Learning the meaning of new words and how to correctly use them in context.
- Gaining understanding of spoken discourse commonly used in a professional context, both by native and non-native English speakers.
- Engaging in dynamic conversation drawing on a range of contemporary issues.
- Learning to communicate effectively in various formal and informal contexts including one-to-one contacts (for example, telephone calls) and group encounters (for example, presentations).
- Listening to, viewing and reading English in various contexts and practicing paraphrasing or summarizing the messages conveyed.
- Ability to review sentence grammar and compose paragraphs and document that will enable more effective communication.
- Understanding of written discourse commonly used in a professional context, both by native and non-native English speakers.
The English Placement Test will take place in September prior to the commencement of classes. Date and time to be announced at a later stage.
The fees for each course are only €900 and include all reading materials. Payments are made in 4 instalments, payable as follows: Registration Fee €100, First Class €200, 1st Week of April €300, 1st Week of May €300
Class sizes are limited to maximize the personal attention each individual student receives from the tutor.
Imagine those who are now facing difficulties in using English during their daily work related tasks, being able to use English with confidence after just 33 classes!