MSc HR Programme Details
To graduate, students are required to earn 90 ECTS credits as follows:
- Earn 66 ECTS from taught core courses
- 5 ECTS credits from core professional workshops
- 19 ECTS from one of the following options
- Additional taught electives (19 ECTS credits)
- Additional taught electives (12 ECTS credits) plus a 6,000-8,000 word thesis on human resource management or organizational behaviour worth 7 ECTS credits.
We seek to select highly qualified candidates who are motivated and who will make a positive contribution at CIIM. Our students share a demonstrated capacity for leadership and a desire to affect positive change.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited programme
- Proficiency in English (graduation from an English speaking institution, TOEFL, IELTS or similar standardised test)
- Successful personal interview
MSc Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour Time and Duration
The modular structure of the programme permits considerable flexibility in the time required to complete the programme.
Some students are able to finish their degree in less than a year. Others with greater external commitments may require fifteen months or more. The maximum time allowed for completion is two years from the date of the enrolment.
Core Courses: Total 66 ECTS
|Employee Resourcing, Appraisal & Talent Management||HR570||6|
|Ethics, CRS & Sustainability||HR495||3|
|Foundations of Accounting & Finance||MA565||4.5|
|Labour Law and Employment Relations||HR555||4.5|
|Leading & Managing Change||HR550||3|
|Training & Employee Development||HR560||6|
|Statistics & Quantitative Research||MA575||6|
|Total ECTS Credits||66|
Core Professional Workshops: Total 5 ECTS
|Core Professional Workshops
(minimum 5 workshops from the list below)
|Coaching Skills & Techniques||1|
|Conflict Management & Dispute Resolution||1|
|HR Information Management Systems||1|
|HR Metrics and Analytics||1|
|Recruitment & Selection Methods & Techniques||1|
|Restructuring the Business in Times of Crisis||1|
|The role of HR as a Strategic Partner||1|
|Emotional & Social Intelligence||1|
Elective Courses: Total 19 ECTS
|Managing Information Systems||HR480||3.0|
|Special Topics in Management||HR490||4.5|
|Starting a new Business||MB750||6.0|
|Total Quality Management||HR540||4.5|
or Additional taught electives (12 ECTS credits) plus a 6,000-8,000 word thesis on human resource management or organizational behaviour worth 7 ECTS credits
Programme Total: 90 ECTS
Innovative Teaching and Learning Methods
Learning in the MSc Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour programme lays stress on student participation, class exercises and student/teacher interaction.
Sessions will combine:
- Case studies
- Business simulations
- Work in small groups
- Group presentations
- Guest speakers
- Field visits
- Develop a critical understanding of the theory and practice of Human Resource Management.
- Understand the role of HR as a strategic partner and how to design and align HR strategies and policies to support the implementation of the business strategy.
- Understand, analyse and critically evaluate key HR activities such as, employee relations, training and development, recruitment and selection, performance management, employee resourcing, talent management and rewards management.
- Discuss, analyse and assess the broader organizational and business environment in which HR professionals work as well as the challenges and implications of managing human resources at an international level.
- Develop a set of critical skills that relate to their role as HR professionals and, more broadly, to leading and managing people effectively.